Seminar on Grants for Startups
Monday, March 8th, 2021
- How to prepare your company to receive grant funding
- How to find, win and manage grant funding
- Managing issues of IP, liability, etc when working with the government
- Managing cash flow with government grant agreements
- Accessing your civil servants
You’ll walk away from this session:
- Understanding the basics of submitting competitive grant applications
- How to know if grants are a good fit for your startup
- How to prepare your company to receive a grant.
CEO. Startup Junkie. Professional Human Being. Investor. Business Designer. Strategic Consultant. Guide. Musician.
Sedale Turbovsky is the CEO and co-founder of OpenGrants, a venture-backed startup focused on building a modern infrastructure for funding. He has been an entrepreneur since childhood. After honing his leadership skills as an outdoor guide in his younger years, he started his professional career as an independent consultant focused on delivering data products and digital strategies to enterprise clients in South America.
He is experienced in independent grant writing and public/private partnerships at the highest level, having worked directly with OpenGrants’ current strategic partner, Momentum. Prior to OpenGrants, Sedale served as the CEO of carbonBLU, a successful SaaS startup solving challenges in fleet management. Sedale led the company through MVP and helped secure a healthy pipeline of government contracts. During that time, he gained intimate knowledge of the challenges and pitfalls of applying for and managing grant funding as a technology startup, which was the impetus for OpenGrants.